Color: CCC
Images OnOff
Normal site version
Main building
Mon.-Fri., 8:30-17:00. Sat. 8:30-14:00
+7 8422 44 30 46

Main building

Visas, registration and insurance


According to the Federal Law of the Russian Federation of July 18, 2006 No. 109 “About migration registration of foreign citizens in the Russian Federation”, upon arrival in the Russian Federation, a foreign citizen must be registered in the territorial institution of Federal Migration Service at the place of stay. Every foreign student who arrives in the Russian Federation must be registered at the place of stay within seven days after crossing the border.

To complete registration, a foreign student should address the Department of International Relations: Ulyanovsk, Ploschad Leninf 4, Room 400. Phone number: +78422 441092.


1. Passport.

2. Migration card.

3. Visa (if entering from a country with visa requirements).

Foreign students staying at a private accommodation have to obtain a migration registration and prolong their temporary stay on their own.

Visit the Directorate for Migration of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia in Ulyanovskaya Oblast website at www.73.мвд.рф to clarify the list of the necessary documents, submission dates and other information. Grounds for extending your stay (request of the University or certificate in the form of the Directorate for Migration of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia in Ulyanovskaya Oblast) are found in the Department of International Relations at the student request.

Remember that non-compliance with registration deadlines and untimely removal from registration results in administrative penalties (in the form of significant monetary fines), up to the ban on the entry into the Russian Federation and the possibility of obtaining a temporary residence permit and Russian citizenship in the future.


1. In case of travel outside Russia, e.g. winter holiday, family matters, etc., you must inform the Department of International Relations about your leave in advance.

2. You must have medical insurance (you can receive the information in the Department of International Relations).

3. Those students who have received citizenship of the Russian Federation are required to immediately notify the International Relations Department and the Rector's Office.


A student is removed from the migration control the moment he or she crosses the borders of Russia or at the moment of registration during the trip through the territory of the Russian Federation, that is why a student is to repeat the procedure of migration registration each time after coming back from holidays or traveling where he or she was registered at a hotel, hospital, etc.


Entry student visa is valid for the period of 90 days and can be extended up to 12 months as a multiple-entry visa.

A foreign student is responsible for the timely visa extension.

It’s important that 30 days before the expiration of the term of legal stay, which is given during the migration registration, a foreign student needs to provide the following documents:

1. A visa application form (you must fill in the form in the Department of International Relations);

2. A valid identification document (passport);

3. A receipt of the state fee payment (1600 rubles);

4. Two 3x4cm photos (black and white or colored printed on matte photography paper);

5. An application (provided in the Department of International Relations) and a copy of your study contract;

6. A copy of the migration card;

7. A copy of the arrival notice (both sides).


Medical services for foreign students on the territory of the Russian Federation are provided based on a voluntary medical insurance policy purchased at personal expense.

The International Relations Department provides assistance in obtaining voluntary health insurance.